Thursday, May 15, 2008

Routine?


Brought the camera out at lunch today and the girls just couldn't get enough of it!

For two days in a row there’s been little going on outside of school. Yesterday I decided to drop by the internet café close to the house here, about a 15 minute walk away. It’s just a dollar an hour, and now I know why. At 5 minutes to load a page, it’s not even worth it at that price. I think from now on I’ll just stick with the one in town that has a (relatively) high speed connection.
If I haven’t mentioned it before, the weather has become virtually perfect here these days. The mornings are cool and comfortable for going to school, we get a little cloud from around 9am to noon, and then the sun comes out, the skies are a stunning blue, the fields all around the school are a brilliant green and it’s not hot but not cool…just right. I could get used to this kind of weather.

I see Kilimanjaro almost every day now, usually in the morning around the time I arrive at the school and then again a little before sunset. In between, while the sky is blue all around, the part just over Kili is clouded over.After tomorrow, there will be just two weeks left here. While it seems I will be leaving the school just as I get things going, I am also very much looking forward to the safari and Kili climb. No plans as of yet for this weekend. Maybe I’ll try to explore a little more of the town. That doesn’t come without its hassles, but it’s probably worth a little look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home