Sunday, May 18, 2008

This entry is for the birds

Taken from the bedroom window!

Some things in Tanzania are not so different from Canada. After a work week of beautiful days, this weekend has been a write-off, with heavy rains both mornings and cool, cloudy conditions prevailing for the rest of the day. Laundry was done on Friday, but it still sits sopping wet on the line outside.
Yesterday, after waiting until fairly sure it would rain no more, Deo’s brother Julius and I took a walk into town. I needed to get online since I hadn’t been able to on Friday, and Julius was just there for company and probably something to do. He’s 23 and very easy to get along with. We always have lots to talk about and he’s genuinely curious about how things work in Canada and elsewhere. The walk into town takes about an hour and the round trip made for good exercise and sadly, along with getting online, was the highlight of the day.


Today, more of the same, sans internet. I might crack open the Swahili books. Yesterday, as I was doing some things in my room before heading to town, I spotted some birds out in the garden through the bedroom window. They were amazing colours. There are some small raven-like birds here that are an iridescent blue-green. I also spotted another one with a blue body and long brown tail.Well, that’s all I’ve got. This entry is for the birds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home