Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sun out, lights out

More students (can't help it, they come with the territory)

Today started out rainy but in the afternoon, the sun finally came out for a short while. It was, quite literally, the first time we had seen it since last Friday. I took the opportunity to go into town and get online – just for something to do. Another night of coming straight home and snoozing didn’t really appeal.

I didn’t have much time, since I left school at the end of the day, so I decided to take a quick walk around town. I was lucky today as I had no flycatchers. I think I have found the trick.

Today, as I walked I held a newspaper in front of me, pretending to read it as I walked. Not one person disturbed me the whole time I was walking…it was great!

Tonight, the Champions League final was on. Deo’s father, his brother and I were all geared to watch the game and convened after dinner in front of the television. We watched a good first half that saw a great Manchester goal, and then just as Chelsea tied it up with just minutes before the end of the first half, the lights went out. Why?! Why tonight of all nights? Not last night, not tomorrow night, but tonight! We haven’t had any power outages at night since I arrived more than three weeks ago. Why tonight? Likely someone at the power station watching the game and slamming his fist down in frustration on the console after the Chelsea goal. Anyway, we finally saw the sun today and now the lights are out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home